dimanche 26 novembre 2017

Cage mate pulling fur?

My 2 males have been getting along so well for months. I went on vacation for 2 weeks and I come back to find Nibbler is missing fur. I had a friend watching them maybe that stressed them out?

Turns out Potato his cage mate was over grooming him. I watched it happen. Potato would be grooming than pull out fur from nibbler and nibbler would bark. A few times Nibbler would bark a lot at Potato to keep him away. Then they are right back snug next to each other being cute.

I do have them next to a cage with 5 females. Most of the females are older well over 10 years. 2 are young under 5 years. I have since done some deep cleaning. Today I took the boys out to play and I changed their cage took everything out cleaned and and switched it around. I also put up blanket so they can not see the females any more. I think this has helped.

Has anyone had a same sex pair over groom their friend or pull fur. If so what did you do? did it work? Why where they pulling fur? Did you stop it?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire