dimanche 19 novembre 2017

Cleaning shelves

So we have two sets of boards we rotate in our boys cage. I just cleaned a set that we had taken out a while ago (prob should've cleaned it right when I took them out), I plan on swapping them out with the ones in the cage tomorrow.

I scrubbed them down with vinegar, let them sit for a bit, then scrubbed them down with warm water. Dried what I could, then let them dry over night. Today I'm going to sand some of the spots.

My question: there was alot of pee on the boards, so I ended up wiping them down with a lot of vinegar, all over, and then did the same with the water. I dried them but of course they were still damp, and had to dry over night. Pardon my ignorance, but even though they're dry now, is their a point where getting them TOO wet could be bad? Or if their kiln-dried, are they ok to be in the cage no matter how wet they get as long as they're dry by the time they go in the cage? This sounds stupid but I guess I want to make sure I didn't mess up the wood's "kiln-driedness" dumb as it sounds :hmm:


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire