dimanche 27 août 2017

Checklist for letting my neighbor take over while I'm on vacation

Hi,

I'm letting my next door neighbor watch my chinchillas while I'm gone for 5 days. She's met the chinchillas a couple of times before. She has had guinea pigs before, so I think the basic concept of daily care is similar. I made a checklist for her, and I'm just wondering if I've missed or need to correct anything.

Morning:
Check food bowls. Dump out pellet bits or dried hay if needed, and refill.
Refill pellets to 1/3 of bowl, and 1 handful of hay.

Night:
Check food bowls. Dump out pellet bits or dried hay if needed, and refill.
Refill pellets to 1/3 of bowl, and 1 handful of hay.

Daily:
Let out to play for 45 minutes to an hour. (You can let them out multiple times a day. They're most active during dawn and dusk, that's the best time to let them out, but any time works.)(Bathroom is a good spot for playtime)
Change and fill water bowl
Sweep the poop off the ledges, into the pan.
Rearrange toys and house

(To bring them back in their cage, you can open the door and see if any jump in. If not, wear the striped gloves and scoop them up into the cage.)

Every 3 days:
Place 1 spoonful of dust in bath house.


They may bark. It's ok, and part of their way of communication. http://ift.tt/2wTXeog

Chin proofing: Take away anything you don't want chewed on. Place cardboard against the walls. Make all wires out of reach.

Heat: If room temp is above 75 degrees Fahrenheit, place chilled stone slabs on the cages ledges. If a chinchilla is lying down on it's side or stomach and/or it's ears are pinkish red, place it in the fridge or freezer for at least 7 seconds, up to a few minutes.

Humidity: Should be kept at 40-45 degrees.

Water: No water baths please! If a small part of a chinchilla gets wet, rub it dry with a cloth. If a big part gets wet, rub dry then blow dry with a hairdryer set on cool.



She also has 4 dogs... is there anything I should worry about that?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire