mardi 8 août 2017

30 Chins need a home.

Hi I am new here. I came here to help find homes for rescue chinchillas.

Our Aunt was a chinchilla and horse breeder. At one point she had 100 Chins. Before she passed away I offered to find the chins home. They said it was too soon. I was mad because I knew these animals were going to suffer as soon as she passed. Well She lost her fight with cancer oct 2016. The poor chins have been neglected ever since. They have not had a bath or clean cages in forever. SO I took 18 home with me. I have placed all but my 2 favorites.

I still have 30 that need homes I do not know the age or health of the rest. 2 of the 18 I got had to be put down due to malocclusion. I am doing this rescue mission with the help of my family only. I contacted my closest rescue and they ignored me. SO here I am with 30 sad Chins.

It is a shame. Our aunt knew everything about these animals. She knew how old they all were, who the parents were, if you bred this to that you get this. She loved these little animals. I know it would break her heart to see them now. Well The ones I got are doing well and are getting dust baths 3 times a week. I change the cages once a week. I cleaned the water bottles so they have clean water. I give them hay everyday they were not getting any now. Before they were just kept alive. I also go in and say hi to them everyday. I have been taking a few out in the bathroom for some explore time (something they never had before.)

Most are pretty tame some get spooked easy. I have gotten really good at sexing them now. So if you know anyone that can help let me know. I can only take 15 chins at a time.

I live in South Lake Tahoe, CA They are coming from a ranch outside of Sac, CA.

This is the one I am keeping.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire