samedi 22 juillet 2017

Need Advice on Hand Feeding Critical Care

I need advice: trying hand feeding again cause I don't feel like Spooky is eating nearly enough on her own (she is recovering from surgery last week and weight loss from not eating before and after). She REFUSES to swallow when syringe feeding, just holds it in her mouth and looks at me stubbornly. I tried a trick I saw of tickling her nose, and it worked only one time, now she will not chew or swallow. It's stressful for both of us. Are there any other tricks anyone can recommend? I've tried pumpkin mixed in with Critical Care, which she liked the first day and ate off my hand, but no longer. Part of me thinks I should 'wait til she's hungry' but that won't be enough right now and I'm worried her meds are making her loser her appetite in addition to the pain she is most likely having in her mouth from recovering from surgery.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire