mercredi 4 janvier 2017

New Chin Behaviour Questions

Hi guys! I just want to start off by letting you all know that I have been reading your forums the past few weeks preparing for my new buddy to come live with me (Miles the Chinchilla!) I set up his cage and got all his food ready and was able to pick him up January 2nd (2 days ago) So thankyou so much for all that help, there's a lot of great info in these pages!

I have a few questions, and I'm probably just overly concerned... I want him to be happy. He's got a big double critter nation cage all to himself and lots of toys. He's a little over 8 weeks old. Even after just one day he already seems very comfortable coming over to me and crawling up on my hand, last night he made the most adorable little... squeaky-like baby noises as he snuggled into my hand as I pet him gently and he fell asleep... I stood there for 30 minutes at 1AM because I just couldn't bear it in my heart to walk away from him while he cuddled me like that. It was the most adorable thing I've ever had happen to me in my entire life. :heart:

Ok, I should get to my question... haha. I'm worried that he's lonely... I spend as much time as I can with him, but I do work at home and I am out at work during the day. During night time hours It seems to me like he watches me from his cage, and as soon as I walk over and interact with him (which I do as often as I can) he will play and bounce around, but when I walk away he seems pretty still. The first night he ran in his wheel a bit and jumped on his planks treating them like diving boards. But last night he didn't seem like he was wanting to entertain himself much, looked like he was just waiting for me. What are the best toys I can get him where he will be able to entertain himself a little better? Am I just worrying too much? I've only had him for 2 days so I'm still learning his normal behaviours and we're still getting used to each other.... I just don't want him to be sad when I'm not there :(

I am trying to get him used to being out of his cage so I can take him out more, but he seems to get very nervous if his cage is out of view. He seems most comfortable with me standing in front of the cage and crawling on me then jumping back into his cage when he feels like it and walking back up to me. I play with his toys with him and stuff.

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Here's a pic of my little buddy :)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire