mardi 31 janvier 2017

Chinchilla eating very little, skin and bones, sleepy a lot.

My chinchilla, Toby, is very thin. I can feel all his bones. He has mild diarrhea, better than it was, but still diarrhea. He seems tired a lot. He keeps chewing at his teeth when he sits around, or maybe grinding them, but nobody sees anything wrong with his teeth. He has been sleeping in my lap all day.

I have been making sure every day that he eats. I put food to his face and wait until he eats, and I don't put him back in his cage until he has finished. I watch him drink his water, and he does drink it.

He keeps trying to find warm places to lay. I think he's leaving me. I am very sad, and don't know what is wrong.

I fed him some pumpkin. I read that it helps with severe diarrhea. All he will eat from me is his food watered down, anything mashed like banana, sweet potato, squash, pumpkin, etc, and he will eat hummus. He won't eat hard foods, but he will take a cuttlebone and chew that.

He's just been laying in my lap. I'll put him on the couch to let him run around, and he will just crawl sadly back over to the end of the couch and reach out for my computer chair, so I hold my hands out, he jumps to me, and then curls up in a blanket on my lap. I feel so sad for this little guy. I have a vet appointment in a few days, but I need to do something to help him in the meantime...What can I do? And what do you think is wrong??

I was told it could be giardia, which luckily has antibiotics as treatment, but I still am wondering if maybe it is something else.. He seems so weak.

He also has blisters on his ear, and my boyfriend told me that my other chinchilla was chewing his ear. I don't know what is going on, and I'm scared. I love him so much.
:(





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire