samedi 8 décembre 2018

Honey question

When I was a proud chinchilla mom 15 years ago, I remember buying chinchilla treat sticks and as far as I remember they contained honey. A quick search to check my memory showed similar hoeny sticks exist on the market today, like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Kaytee-Forti-.../dp/B009ETMXQ2

Since I became chinchilla owner again not long ago, I started reading forums and posts again. I noted people now write that honey (even as flavoring or "glue" such as in "snak shak") is bad for chinchillas.
Is this based on research? Is it based on personal experience of breeders / owners? Both?

I an curious to learn more about this, as I remember how much my chinchillas loved their treat sticks 15 years ago. Can any of you help me find a reference to a research or a book (or a post) elaborating on this question?

Thanks!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire