mercredi 12 décembre 2018

Hello from Nimbus, and looking for some advice?

Hello, everyone!

I'm not sure how active this forum is, but I'm here to give it a shot!

I have one rescue chinny right now, his name is Nimbus, and he's my first chin! He is 3 years old, and seeming to be healthy. He's about 650g and eating healthily, good teeth, (I have him on Oxbow chinchilla food ((approx. 2-3tsp a day)) and timothy hay ((as much as he wants)).) He doesn't appear underweight or scrawny, but I can feel his backbone and ribs. Thoughts?

He's very skittish, and doesn't like to be grabbed in the cage, but if I lure him into his carrier (a small cat carrier), he actually likes cuddles, and will tolerate combing. In the cage he likes chin scratches, but if I touch the top of his head or anything behind his shoulders he spooks and barks and runs away. He's also terrified of fast movements and noises he can't see the source of. Advice?

Also, I don't know much of his history... I got him from a lady who rescued him from someone else, and Nimbus had had an incident of fur slip on both hips before she got him. She had had him for several months after that before I rescued him, and other than a tiny layer of dark grey fuzz, it hasn't grown back. I don't believe he chews it, but I couldn't say for sure. Thoughts?

I intend to get Nimbus a brother from a good breeder when I have the money. I think a more laid back chin would be a good fit for him. If everything goes wrong though, I can just separate the double ferret nation I have, and close off the opening. Unfortunately I inherited an old 142 with clanky, warped trays and panels and screws that i doubt would survive another take apart.

Tysm for reading! Have a good day! ;)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire