vendredi 30 novembre 2018

Unexpected Baby Chinchillas

I thought I had two boy chinchillas, the father and son. Turns out its father and daughter. The daughter(Cheerio) just gave birth to two baby chinchillas this morning. This is Cheerios first litter of babies since she was born this past January. Im not sure if she is nursing the babies or how I should set up the cage?? Cheerio is really active, running on the wheel, jumping on top of things, so I took the wheel out and she seems really aggressive towards me and was trying to get out of the cage when I was taking her wheel out. Ive been doing a lot of research and the babies are fine, eyes open, squeaking, cuddle with eachother, and walk around but mom just keeps moving away from them. On the bottom of the cage I put some hay because before I had those tiny water absorbing woodchips and I also bought that cotton bedding stuff from Petco and put it in a little box for the babies. Should I not touch the babies? I read that mother chins wont reject their babies if a human touches it but im not sure. Can I leave the dust bath in the cage?? should I not have much in the cage? I also have a little hut for the chinchillas to go inside of in their cage. Also is it okay that they are technically inbred babies? Do you think mom is too young to have had babies?? Mom was born Jan 1 2018 so shes not even a year yet. How do I properly care for the babies and mom?? Help!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire