mardi 13 novembre 2018

Raised and showed chins 15 yrs ago; how much has changed?

Hi all!
I used to raise and show chins 15 years ago and have been wanting to get back into this. Looking around online for the chinchilla forums I used to be part of (chins-n-quills) and can’t find it. From what I am seeing, the chinchilla community now is nothing like it was. There used to be a huge demand for chinchillas and numerous reputable breeders in my state (WA) and now it is hard to find any. I recall numerous classified ads being put into the forums on a daily basis and this was the primary way we found homes for the ones we sold.

My question is- do many ppl attend the local shows these days? Are there still local shows through MCBA? Is there still a market for top quality pet or breeding chinchillas? If the forums are not the primary way of connecting with other breeders, how do you all network and advertise? Or is there another forum that I have not found that is more popular?

Thanks for any feedback!! Things sure have changed!
Rachael (formerly Applewood Chinchillas)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire