lundi 30 avril 2018

Male starting to mount spayed female!



Hello all! I have a male and a female chinchilla (spayed). I got them both as rescues last December. The male is approximately 2 years old and the female should be 2 in October this year.

Last night, I had them both out in their playpen and I started seeing the male chase the female around the pen, mounting her and humping her. I realize that he is letting out some frustrations, but I was wondering if I should do anything about it? I was worried about the girl since she was trying to get away, and I even ended up pulling him off of her while they were in the cage together.

Should I just let them be? Or should they be separated when he starts to exhibit this behavior? Is it harmful to her in anyway? I hope I'm not overthinking this!



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire