mercredi 25 avril 2018

Chin's pooping irregular?

Hi there, first time posting here. I don't think this is really an emergency, but I wanted to get some second opinions to calm myself down a bit.
My Chinchilla (9 month old male) usually poops pretty consistently all throughout the day. Yesterday when I got home from work my girlfriend told me he didn't appear to be pooping at all throughout the day.
I took him out and brought him to his play area; he was happy and healthy, running and jumping and eating lots of hay, but still no poops the whole time he was there. I put him back in his cage, and he went to sleep comfortably in his hammock for about an hour. He woke up and got out of it, still no poop.
I was very worried at this time, so I decided to try and stress his system a bit by putting him in the carrier I use for Vet visits. He let out about 25 poops in 2 minutes after putting him in there, all normal looking but the first few to come out were a bit squished down.
I checked on him this morning before work, and his cage was full of dozens of fresh poops (we had cleaned it out last night to keep track)
However my girlfriend just called me and once again he hasn't seemed to poop all day; still his normal happy self when she woke him up. She tried putting him in that carrier for 10 minutes and he didn't poop at all.

I'm just wondering if anyone thinks I should worry about that? I have a vet appointment for him this evening anyway (he cut his eyelid a couple weeks ago and has a checkup.) but I am just trying to calm my own nerves until then, really.

He is also on .17 ml of metacam daily for the eyelid injury.

Thanks in advance!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire