mardi 24 avril 2018

Drooling- could it be anything other than mal?

Aurora is my 4 year old chinchilla whom I adopted when she was just over 1. As of late, my boyfriend and I have been noticing wet spots on her front paws and under her chin which appears to be from drooling. This is the only symptom we've seen that would make us think it could be mal. She's eating her food and hay at the same rate she always has (she's super picky so I would think this would be an issue, but has not been). Also her poops are normal, and she doesn't seem any less active or social.

While I know you can't always tell without an x-ray, from what we can see her teeth look fine. We also tried feeling around her jaw for any unusual bumps and all seems normal. I've noticed a few drops of water that leaked out below where her bottle sits, but it doesn't look like its leaking enough to cause a wet spot of this size on her.

Just to be safe, I'm setting up an appointment with the vet regardless, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this or has any ideas of something else that could be causing this? Also, if I'm missing any of the warning signs of mal, please share! I'm stressing out because I read somewhere that they often will suggest putting down chins with mal because shaving the teeth is painful and only a temporary solution to an unfixable problem. I'm not ready to lose my baby )':


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire