dimanche 28 octobre 2018

Face Injury, Very Painful and Not Eating

Hi, looking for a bit of advice to help my poor 8yr old boy Pedro.

On Monday he was out for playtime, I didn't hear or see anything strange but when he went back into the cage he had a line under his left eye, not bleeding or broken skin, just a line in his fur. Thought a bit odd but he didn't seem too bothered by it so I didn't either.
The next morning he had nearly all of his food left in his bowl but seemed chirpy and had a bit of shredded wheat for bfast. Thought he'd maybe just filled up on his new hay.

By Wednesday he'd barely touched anything 'hard', I soaked a bit thinking maybe he was a bit sore from the possible bang to his face. He ate a bit.
Thursday wouldn't touch anything, even a bit of soaked shredded wheat (his fave). I gave him some metacam hoping may perk him up a bit and help with any pain. And started syringe feeding as worried he wasn't eating.
And got into the vets as he looked a little swollen around his eye.

The vet advised to carry on what I'm doing and I picked up some more Oxbow Critical Care. Was worried about doing an X-ray as he's not been eating and has lost a bit of weight, and possible head injury as has obviously banged it pretty badly to be causing these problems. He said he's not as responsive in his left eye as in his right one. Will go back in a few days if not improving.

His face/eye area on the left has swelled more over the last couple of days, yest looked terrible but looking a bit better this morning.
He's on the highest dose of metacam I can give but still looks quite miserable and not really wanting food. Will lick a bit of CC off a spoon but I'm having to force feed as nowhere near what he needs.

When I'm holding him he acts normal (a mad man! Hates being held!) but when he's in the cage acts very sad :(
I've never dealt with head/face injuries with chins (teeth probs yes), I can imagine the swelling's very sore and if he's had a bang to the head prob not feeling his best. Also guessing it has to get worse before it gets better as it's an injury/bang that's causing swelling.

Very worried though :(
Just looking for a bit of advice from anyone that's possibly dealt with anything similar? Feel terrible for him but really don't know what happened.
I'll carry on what I'm doing but should I let him out for playtime to cheer him up? He was out for 30mins on weds and was really happy running around like normal and having a bath. He just seems very depressed and not his usual cheery self. Must be in pain/feeling rubbish from meds/head and face injury. Just want to do what I can to try and get him through this :(

Sorry so long, thanks for reading.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire