lundi 18 décembre 2017

Pyometra

I noticed my 10 year old girl Annie had a white discharge yesterday so I took her to the vet today and she was diagnosed with Pyometra. They did a swab which showed bacteria and white blood cells, an ultrasound and xrays which didn't really show much. Other than the discharge she has been acting normal, eating, pooping etc. The vet prescribed 7 days of Baytril .6ml dose 2x a day.

Has anyone had any good outcomes with just antibiotics? The vet thinks surgery on a 10yr old would be risky and recommended we start with the antibiotics and hopefully that will clear it up.

I'm concerned because most of what I'm finding says it can't be cured and surgery is necessary so trying to find out others experience and if anyone was cured with antibiotics alone.

All information and experiences are welcome.

Thank you!!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire