samedi 30 mai 2015

Introducing Sunshine and Kiwi

Hello, chinchilla lovers. I'd like to introduce the adorable hopping balls of fur that are living with my girlfriend.
here are some low res pictures, but the higher res versions are up on the imigur album at the bottom of the post. That way you can see every bit of fur in crisp focus (when the stupid phones auto focus was doing its job)



Kiwi:


Sunshine:


Sunshine is a bit of a lazy baby. When we first got here I was worried about her well being due to what I considered lethargic activity. I think it's just that she's not a evening chinchilla.

I find her irresistible to take photos of while she's resting after her free roam time.



Kiwi is a curious but cautious chinchilla. When she was introduced to her home she wouldn't move away from the back wall near the rooms corner. the cage is octagonal so there wasn't really a corner to hide in. She would bark for a bit every 5 or so minutes for about an hour before she started to relax and come out of the corner.

Sunshine, on the other hand, hopped all around the perimeter of the lower level for a bit checking it out before going to sleep. Neither one of them jumped on any of their shelves until probably the next day.

They had a 175 mile trip from Portland,OR to Bellevue, so I understand their anxiety and exhaustion. About half way up, Kiwi started barking. I thought there was a fight going on, so I was wondering if I needed to hold one of them for the rest of the ride up. I suspected the bumping around was causing them to lose their temper with each other. It looked to me like sunshine was squishing Kiwi, and she wanted space. She didn't continue barking, so thankfully, I didn't take her out.

Sunshine is a quiet girl, I've never heard her bark, but she does talk some times.

Here is Kiwi reaching out to see what I have in my hand, and then checking out Sunshine down below:


Despite what that first picture looks like, kiwi is smaller than sunshine. She is just peeking her head out to maker her self pretty. Her ears are also closer together and generally point further up. Sunshine appears to have a wider head.
http://ift.tt/1RA0F4X


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire