mercredi 29 avril 2015

Sinus infection; 10 days have passed; progress has seemed to level off.

I took Smokey to the vet because her eyes was inflamed, she was sneezing, and had a runny nose; turned out she that she had a sinus infection (I guess this is a form of a upper respiratory infection?). This was on 4/18 (ten days ago).

She has been on Baytril, Ofloxacin, Meloxicam, and Flurbiprofen. She has also been totally abstaining from dust baths.

The vet said her eye should look about 50% better a week from the start of treatment. A few days later, she stopped sneezing, and her nose stopped running. However, the eye stopped improving after getting a little bit better (not as swollen/red, she is able to keep it open, and doesn't seem to scratch at it) - the progress has seemed to plateau.

Has anyone had any experience with sinus infections, URIs? Is there anyway I can help ensure a speedy recovery?

I'm worried about her. It also doesn't help that she's new to my home, and I've never had her when she wasn't sick - so I can't tell what is normal and abnormal behavior for her (other than that she has definitely adjusted since first arriving here).


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire