jeudi 30 juillet 2015

Our Story, with some questions!

I apologize now for the long post!

My chinchilla parent story starts out rough... Let's begin with I LOVE CHINCHILLAS! I have always wanted one and knew someday I would get one!! So over a month ago after some rather crazy events I finally decided to get me one! YAY!! So I bought Charlie, a 6 Month old adorable chinchilla, and was so excited that this year my birthday was going to be great! At this point I had researched for hours on end and knew the does and don'ts of chinchilla ownership. So I prepared my room for this amazing little fella! I bring him home he is shy but he he was happy. However he didn't eat a lot but he liked his water! I would let him make his way on his own time out to play in a chinchilla proofed room! But he didn't really play but rather just hid but I knew it would take time. Then to my surprise one night he suddenly wasn't doing so well the temp was good but he had labored breathing and hadnt eaten in a day or so, so I set some chilled pans in the cage and prayed for the best, but Charlie passed away not even a week after I brought my furry friend home. :''( I was heartbroken and it was right before my birthday, I gave up on owning one and was terribly sad. (I still not sure what exactly happened still but a couple of Guinea Pigs were sick and they were housed right by them so that's all we can figure)Then after a good couple of days I decided I would give it another go, but this time I would be more careful with my purchase. Then last week I found a lady here locally selling a couple of Chins that she could no longer own. So I checked it out and the conditions they were in were NOT ideal she was feeding them wrong had them in a terribly SMALL cage and I knew I HAD to RESCUE THEM!!! So I became a proud Chin MOMMY of TWO! Moji and Rocco ;D They are crazy happy and playful! But I need some thoughts and Questions answered. I'm so fearful now that they are going to pass away that I analyze EVERYTHING they do! What are somethings I could Keep in mind to look for?

They have Fleece pads and a box with wood shavings to go potty in but they poop EVERYWHERE! What are some cleaning ideas and how often do I need to clean them?

Chin-Chiller or No? the room varies from 70-72 F and I have a fan to circulate air around the room. Not directly on the cage but Why cant you blow it directly on it?

I have tons of questions but these are all for now!

THANKS ALL!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire