vendredi 28 octobre 2016

Fleece in litter pan?

I wanted to get some opinions on this before I attempt to try it because there are likely some pitfalls I am overlooking:

People seem to use fleece liners in place of bedding, and then put aspen or KD pine shavings in a litter dish. I was wondering if anyone had ever tried using fleece pee pads in the litter dish instead of pine/aspen shavings?

I have almost entirely tiled (mix of marble and ceramic) the wire bottom of the chins' house. There are two small bits exposed in 2 corners that they back up into to pee. This works out great because it all (usually) goes down to the newspaper and makes the cage easy to tidy and clean (I can just sweep the poos and hay down there as well). But because I eventually want to cover up all the wire (just to be safe), I was thinking about putting in a litter dish in one of the corners and then gradually eliminating the other pee corner.

Do you think it would work to put in fleece pads (a few layers sewn together that fit well into the pan) to absorb the pee instead of shavings? I was thinking about making a few of them (a week's worth or so), and then changing them every morning. Does this seem plausible, or do you think it would train the chins to associate fleece with pee (I don't want them peeing in their hammocks...!). There's probably a good reason everyone uses shavings, but I'm just exploring options... Any opinions/thoughts would be very welcome!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire